Client Management Services (CMS)
Client Management Services® (CMS) includes all the server-based services (PXE Server, BOOTP Server) and administration tools needed to setup an open network boot environment. You can deploy your favorite third party client management tools in a pre-OS®booting phase. For example, you can check, backup, and restore critical files, perform virus scans, flash update a system BIOS, and more before the client PC boots from its local hard drive. CMS gives network administrators centralized control over whether client PCs devices receive any or all of their boot-up instructions from the network.
System administrators also gain significant advantage from the OS deployment capabilities of CMS. Now they can rollout a new OS without having to visit client PCs (notebooks, servers) with an installation CD or boot disk, and then wait for the new OS to install. Instead, they can deploy Microsoft operating systems like Windows Me, 95, 98, NT 4.0, 2000, and XP from a central location.
- Contains a Client Boot Disk creator to use with client PCs/laptops that are not PXE compliant. The Client Boot Disk executes the PXE startup process via a floppy diskette.
- Automated and unattended deployment of Windows XP, 2000, NT 4.0, 98, 95 and Me.
- Creates pre-OS network boot images to perform maintenance tasks on client PCs
- Compatible with the Wired for Management (WfM), Preboot Execution Environment PXE) 2.1 network booting specification
- Works with PXE-compliant boot ROMs on client PCs
- Ability to issue Remote Wake Up commands to client PCs
- PXE Server services can run as native Windows NT 4.0, 2000, and XP system services
- PXE Server applications can run as executables on Windows 98, NT 4.0, 2000 and XP
- Allows creation of "menu boot files" that allow client PC users to select from a menu of boot options (e.g. different operating system deployments or client management tasks) at boot time. Menu boot files support Linux netboot images
- Simple, user-friendly application interface includes wizards that guide you through creating boot image files for OS deployment, pre-OS, and remote booting
- Quick and easy verification of network boot functionality with default OS-absent boot image
Client License for Argon Client Management Services